Monday, December 31, 2007

Person of the Week: Summer Martin


















Ecclesiastes 4:9-10
"Two are better than one, because they have a good reward for their labor. For if one falls down his friend will help him up. But woe to him who is alone when he falls for he has no one to help him up. "

Summer is one of those friends! She is a faithful friend whom I love and cherish. I met Summer about 3 years ago at the college and we have gotten closer over the years. She is a close confidant. The following are reasons why I love and appreciate Summer: 1.She is my sister in Christ. 2.She is a faithful friend. 3.She encourages me. 4.Her pursuit of Christ makes me want to seek Him more. 5.She loves the beach as much as me (maybe more.) 6.She pursues me as a friend. 7.She laughs at my dumb jokes. 8.She laughs and cries with me. 9.She is creative. 10.I love her laugh.

Summer, I love you! Faithful are the wounds of a friend (Proverbs 27:6)! When a person is faithful, he is loyal. He is a true friend. That is you to me. You have been such an encouragement to me especially in the last month. The Lord has blest us with our frienship. He gives us what we need when we need it and He has given us a wonderful friendship that He he is pleased and honored by. I have loved our conversations, texts and songs that we have shared. Thank you for loving me and encouraging me even when you were hurting. I'm thankful that I have you to share this time of life with. Our God is great and faithful and He has proven that to me once again with your friendship. I love you sis!

1 comment:

Swimwife said...

I heart Summer too!!! I am also so thankful for her friendship. She encourages me so much!! I have prayed for her to have a friend like you..I am so thankful for your friendship! I love both of you and are committed to pray for you both in this new year! love you both, Staci