Wednesday, October 29, 2008
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
I got to stay a night with my Rents last week when I was in the mid-west. I miss doing the girl things that a daughter gets to do with her mom. I only get to see them twice a year so it's something we both miss a lot!
I love you Mom and am so glad we got to spend a little time together. You are such a hard worker and servant to others. I have enjoyed seeing you and dad enjoy the empty nest a little more. (No I'm not moving back in!) :) Thanks for being one of my biggest fans. i miss you!
*Today I am thankful (again) for Ivy and the joy she brings to our family.
Saturday, October 25, 2008
*Today I am thankful for my brother!
Friday, October 24, 2008
I got to see my family when I was back in the mid-west this past week. I loved spending time with my brother's family although it wasn't nearly long enough. I don't have time to figure out how to do a slideshow so I will post different pictures here and there. I miss you Kyle, Becca, Mayah, Mason and Madison! I love love love you and am so thankful for the time we had together. The top picture is "The Computer Club" as Mayah called it working on our computers. Middle picture is the kids and I playing and the last picture is my sista Becca and little Madison.
*Today I am thankful for these pictures!
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Monday, October 20, 2008
My brother showed me this story and it totally made me cry. It's one of those ones that grab your heart a bit. Thought I'd pass it along...
I'm in the mid-west on a business trip and came to Des Moines on Sunday to stay with my brother and his family for a night. It was so great seeing them. My neice Mayah came and crawled in bed with me at 2 AM wanting to snuggle. They are so precious! I will post pictures later.
*Today I am thankful that I got to spend time with my neices and nephew yesterday.
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Today was the start of a big couple days at work. It's our Fall College View Weekend and we have around 150 people visiting over the next two days. It's such a fun YET busy time for our office but we love it! The picture is part of my staff at my breakfast and the other is Kristine Ardavanis (a sweet girl who works in my office...love her!)and I with our new TMC surfboard!
*Today I am thankful for the love and encouragment I received all day.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
*Today I am thankful for my friend Patty who is without a dobut a gift from the Lord.
Monday, October 13, 2008
I am thankful for you Mandy and consider you a blessing from the Lord. I hope you have a great day and feel loved AND appreciated all day! I'm excited to celebrate tonight! :)
Friday, October 10, 2008
1. Do you like blue cheese salad dressing? No! Pass me the balsamic please.
2. Do you own a gun? No
3. What's your favorite drink at Starbucks? hmmm...Chai Latte
4. What do you prefer to drink in the morning? Newhall Pumpkin Spice with hazelnut creamer sugar free
5. Do you do pushups? Yes I do...not the girl ones either!
6. What's your favorite piece of jewelry? Accesories are the diggity..how can I choose one?!
7. Favorite hobby? Being outdoors, walking, good conversation with those I love.
8 Do you have A.D.D? I would say no but the guys in my office would say Yes.
9. What's one trait that you hate about yourself? I can be impatient.
10. Name 3 thoughts at this exact moment: I wish I could take a nap, I should go to the gym and I wish I wouldn' of eaten the whole rootbeer float that Megan made for me.
11. Name 3 drinks you regularly drink. coffee, crystal light rasberry ice tea, and water.
12. Current worry right now? a report that I need to get done for my boss
13. Current hate right now? My sin.
14. Favorite place to be? My bed...THE most comfortable bed ever...PERIOD
15. Do you like to travel? it depends where I'm going and what for. An extended vacation..HECK YES....work....not really...gets lonely on the road by yourself.
16. What color shirt are you wearing? black and red
17. Do you like sleeping on satin sheets? I have only done it once and it felt too hot.
18. Can you whistle? not good at all.
19. Favorite color? depends...top three: pink, green and black
20. If you could would you be a pirate? No...they are scary
21. What song do you sing in the shower? everyday is diffeent but the girl does sing!
22. Favorite girl's name? haven't spent enough time thinking about it.
23. Favorite boy's name? same as above
24. What's in your pocket right now? $1
25. Favorite bedsheets as a child? Holly Hobby
26. Worst injury? when Kelli and I were fighting and she gouged out my eye with a pencil and it filled with blood almost causing permenat eye damage. (For real People!)
27. Do you love where you live? LOVE IT!
28. How many TVs do you have in your house? 3
29. Who is your loudest friend? My sister and John Adams....VERY close tie!
30. How many pets do you have? zero
31. Does someone have a crush on you? I think so.
32. What is your Favorite Book? The Bible
33. What's your favorite candy? Hot Tamales or Nibs (licorice)
34. Favorite Sports Team? Iowa Hawkeyes
35. What was the first thing you thought of when you woke up? I need to go spend time with the Lord so get your butt out of bed!!!
*Today I am thankful that John Spring worked the fair for me last night as he wanted me to "relax". He is AWESOME!
Thursday, October 9, 2008
Work is so much more fun when I get suprise visitors. I was in a meeting upstairs in the boardroom and we heard a bunch of ruckus downstairs. Someone announced after looking out the window that I had visitors.....Kelli had brought Ivy, Sissy, and Tate (my friend Lynn's son) by to visit me. (Perfect timing! :))
They were so cute and full of energy. It was so fun. I love getting to share them with everyone.
*Today I am thankful for sticky kisses from Tate and Ivy!
Wednesday, October 8, 2008
Monday, October 6, 2008
When we think of the Cross of Christ we usually think of the physical suffering or the way he took on our sin. I've never really thought about the element of the precense of God at Calvary. J Mac stated that Calvary is more about the wrath of God than anything else.
Luke 23:44-46 "It was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over the whole land until the ninth hour, for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. Jesus called out with a loud voice, "Father, into your hands I commit my spirit." When he had said this, he breathed his last."
This passage has impacted me a lot over the last 24 hours. The sixth hour back in that empire was noon time. So at noon God covered the earth in complete darkness for three hours. This would have been a supernatural event. (I can't imagine the world going pitch black in the middle of the day!)In Matthew, Jesus called complete darkness hell. Divine wrath was poured out. In those moments Jesus wanted to be comforted. He was man yet sinless, taking on the sin of the World, feeling the wrath of God and he had no one to comfort him or help him. THIS is the final suffereing of hell...NO COMFORT. In hell God will not be there to show sympathy, comfort or relief. Jesus died and paid the penalty for our sin so we wouldn't have to suffer like that. Jesus did all of this for ME and You.
This past year has had it's ups and downs for me. During these moments I have clung to the Lord and his Word for comfort and encouragement. That is what has sustained me. I can't imagine what it would have been like to experience what Jesus experienced with no comfort from God the Father. This message really made me look at Calvary differently and I'm so thankful for that. Thank you Jesus for taking that on for me!!
*Today I am thankful for the Cross of Christ.
Saturday, October 4, 2008
*Today I am thankful for the fall like weather.
Thursday, October 2, 2008
Yes, when I was in Pittsburgh last weekend I went to a tractor pull. When Voda first mentioned it to me I thought she was totally joking but no, we went to watch Phil in this competition. He loves it!!! I know I am from Iowa but I'm only an Iowa girl deep in my heart. I show up in my cute top, William Rast jeans and heels. (come on, I'm from California!) Needless to say when I left my jeans were dirty from the mud but I had a big smile on my face. It was great! It's one of those things you might not want to do again BUT it was a moment that you are thankful you had.
The first picture is Phil "pulling" his tractor (the competition is where you pull your tractor a certain distance and you add weight each round and see who can go the furthest with the most weight) Holla...4 blue ribbons! The second picture is a crowd shot of all the spectators cheering on their loved ones! (this is my favorite) After Phil won the gold (wait it's not CA...he won the blue!) he told me to hop on his tractor and he taught me how to drive it! Remember peeps...country girl deep in my heart....way deep!Thanks Voda...a moment in time.
*Today I am thankful for a sweet time with Tricia last night!