Sunday, December 30, 2007

















Psalm 62:5-8
My soul wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him;
He only is my rock and my salvation;
He is my defense, I shall not be moved.
In God is my salvation and my glory;
The rock of my strength; and my refuge is in God.
Trust in Him at all times you people.
Pour out your heart before Him; God is a refuge for us.

These verses have become a favorite of mine. I have been trying to memorize more scripture and meditate on it throughout the day. It has been sweet. There is much comfort to be found in the Word of God. I have really enjoyed my time with the Lord recently and as I've been going through some personal trials I have longed to be in the Word to be comforted and to listen to God's truths. I have been so thankful for the hope I have in Christ. I need to always keep my eyes fixed on Him no matter what the circumstance. In doing this I have seen Christ more clearly and to this I'm grateful.


*Today I am thankful for faithful friends.

2 comments:

Julie Gebhards said...

Happy Hollie, I love reading your blog! You are such an encouragement to me- just reading your blog is like having a quiet time! (Maybe it's because the kids are in bed and it is a lot more quiet now!) I am so thankful for you and I love you!! Julie

Anonymous said...

I love you girl....I am glad we got to celebrate your birhtday the other night. I love my time with you, you are such an encouragement to me....I have been praying for you:) thanks for our yummy dinner and our time together saturday night....love the boot's! I love you! J