Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Years Resolutions

A New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or a habit, often a lifestyle change. The name comes from the fact that these commitments normally go into effect on New Year's Day. The most popular resolution is always "Lose Weight". I've been thinking about what I want to Resolve for this new year. I don't want this to be a New Years Resolution but a reformation of life.

I have been looking over Jonathan Edwards Resolutions and to be quiet honest it's very intimidating. He tried mastering 70 and I look at them and think if I could master 2 or 3 I would be doing rather good. Bottom line is I want to live my life to bring honor and glory to God. In order to do that I have taken the following resolutions that I hope to be reviewing on a daily basis to make me mindful of what my ultimate goal is.

1. Time spent in the Word and prayer daily.
2. To live with all my might (don't waste time).
3. To live in such a way that the Lord can say "Well done good and faithful servant".
4. Listen more talk less.
5. Exhibit humility.

This is also the time of year that I reflect on the past year and see where I'm at. I can defintely say I am in a much better place than a year ago. I'm stronger, more faithful, more trusting, and have experinced God in a more personal way. This has been a good, challenging and a hard year for me but I have clung to God's promises.

I hope that your New Years Resolutions are more than commitments for the new year; I hope they are reformations for life.

*Today I am thankful that the Lord has given me another year.

1 comment:

Abouttime said...

Isn't that list of Rev. Edwards convicting? Just for the record... I love your convictions and how they flow into your life. I'm glad to know you.