Sunday, November 29, 2009
Tonight my beloved friend Kristin got married! It was a fun day that started this morning when Hugh and I took Johnny to Hollywood for breakfast at The Griddle. It is a yummy place that I love to go too with friends. It was John's 29th birthday and we wanted to do something special for him since he is such a good friend to many. I just love John! He is such a genuine, hard working, kind, caring, loving friend. (Happy Birthday Johnny. You are a treasure in my life)
This afternoon we headed to Kristin's wedding. She was a beaming bride! Kristin and Nate are one of the funnest couples I know as you can tell from the picture above. I have loved watching her in their relationship. She has been so patient and her day finally came! I am excited to watch her grow in her new role as wife.
Friday, November 27, 2009
I spent Thanksgiving over at my friend Lynn's house. It was so much fun. We ate too much, laughed a lot and I got a lot of snuggles in with her boys. (which is one of my favorite things)
After dinner we played Pictionary. Tat wanted me to win all the time so if someone was yelling out the correct answer he waited for me to say and then he would get all excited saying I won! Loved it. Afterwards Lynn came over for a little slumber party. Rest and relaxation! Thanks Lynn for such a great day. You are a huge blessing in my life and I love you so much!
Thursday, November 26, 2009
I've been meaning to post the last two weeks but haven't gotten around to it. I wanted to post a couple pictures of Luke and Rebecca's wedding. As you can tell she was a beautiful bride.
This picture represents Luke to a tee. He is so fun and has been like a brother to me over the last two years. I am so excited for them as they start their life together.
There are a lot of things that I am thankful for but I will bring some things to mind from the last couple weeks since I posted.
1. My office. We have been spending a lot of time together lately and they are such a joy in my life. We genuinely love one another and enjoy being together. They really are my family.
2. Kelli, Matt, Lucy and Ivy. I don't know what I would do without them here in California.
3. Getting to talk to my brother and his family. I miss them.
4. The Rents. Love them.
5. Getting to spend some time with Tricia. They don't come more faithful than her.
6. An afternoon catching up with Jen Sharp. Love it and much needed.
7. Hugh working out with me even when he doesnt want to just to help me and push me.
8. A chai massage with Kristin. An experience we won't forget.
9. Dinner with Lynn and Holly. Love these girls.
10. Laughing with Johnny. So glad he is back!
11. Hamilton finding a cheap ticket to Atlanta. Thank you brother.
12. Getting to talk with Sean. Back from Afghanistan. I love you Sean and am glad you are home safe.
13. Getting to celebrate with Patricia and her upcoming wedding....a few short weeks.
14. Getting to catch up with Voda. Get to see her for her wedding in two months!
15. The gift of Joy.
16. That the Lord would choose ME!
17. Getting to see Jenny with Tricia. A GREAT time.
18. A new blessing in my life. Crystal Keating. Thank you Lord.
19. A great Thanksmas party hosted by Denise. so thankful for her.
20. I'm thankful that I could list a 1000 more things to be thankful for.
Sunday, November 8, 2009
Tricia and I had such a good time visiting Jenny. I met Jenny about 6 years ago through Tricia and she quickly became one of my best friends. Tricia and Jenny have been such good and faithful friends to me over the years. I am so thankful for them in my life. Jenny got married three years ago to a GREAT guy and moved to Yakima, Washington. As excited as I was for her...I miss her and hanging out with her everyday!
Three years and two kids later, Tricia and I headed to Yakima to see Jenny and her family. It was so fun to see the places she has talked about and get a glimpse of what her life is like. It was so great to be with two of my closest friends again and just be together. I LOVE these girls.
These are the two additions to Jenny's life. Olivia and Malory. They are too cute. Olivia is two years old with the vocabulary of a four year old and the energy of an eight year old and Malory five months is super chill.
It was a great weekend of good food, fun AND my favorite....fellowship!
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Tricia and I have wanted to come visit Jenny for quite awhile. We got a really cheap ticket through Virgin Airlines and decided to go before she had her baby in March. I was so excited to fly Virgin Airlines as I heard they had great ammenities and good service.
I was loving our flight for the first two hours. I was instant messaging with friends, going through work emails and watching television. Then it came time to land. The last half hour was the worst travel experience ever! We started going through turbulance and I was starting to feel VERY sick. I was trying to take deep breathes so I wouldnt throw up and every time I looked at Tricia (who is six months pregnant!) she had a panicked look on her face. I couldn't even talk to her for fear I would throw up (sorry for the graphic detail!) All the sudden after 15 minutes of this I see lights, hear the landing gear go down and keep praying that I can make it to the ground before anything comes up. Next thing you know the pilot pulls up and we begin to go back into the air. I'll admit at this point I had a little fear creep in but that was overtaken by the sick feelings within me. The pilot came on saying we had to try it again from another direction in order to have a safe landing.
As we went up it was still very turbulant. My arms from my elbows down began to get numb and tingly. That was freaking me out a bit. I look at Tricia who started to cry and throw up. At that momement God was gracious to me and I was able to comfort her a little. I kept telling her to take deep breathes as I was doing. There were a few momements I thought I was going to pass out but about 12 minutes later we landed. You could other people on the plane crying and gagging!
I have never been so glad to be on the ground! I am so thankful that the flight wasn't my first time flying casue I would never do it again! God was so good to give us a safe landing and I can tell you I am NOT looking forward to getting back on the plane tommorow. More about our trip to come!
Monday, November 2, 2009
Madison, I wish I could be there with you to give you snuggles and celebrate your birthday today. You're getting so big and pretty. You are such a brave little girl. Your Aunt Hollie loves you and hopes to see you soon! Have a GREAT day.
*Today I am thankful for my two year old neice Madison!