Monday, December 17, 2007

Person of the Week: Shannon Chappelone


I've known Shannon for about 4 and half years. I first met her through an old roommate. I remember her coming to my apartment to spend the night and she was on crutches. I thought she was this really cool girl cause she hurt her leg surfing. (seriously if you're going to hurt yourself then have a cool story to go along with it...Shannon did) My relationship with Shannon didnt begin to grow until I hired her to work in the Admissions office over three years ago. Since that time Shannon has become a close friend of mine. She is a hard worker and always goes the extra mile. She lives Colossians 3:23-24.

I have loved watching Shannon grow over the last few years. A few things about Shannon that have taught me a thing or two is the way she has perservered through tough times. She is faithful and her trust in God has been an example to me. I love her honesty. If she's having a hard day there have been times when she'll come in my office and say i'm having a hard time please pray for me. I've appreciated her humility in that and willingness to turn it over to God. She pursues me as her friend and has given me good sound biblical advice which is an encouragement to me.

A few reasons why I'm thankful for Shannon: 1. The way she serves the Church. 2. The way she loves those she disciples. 3. The way she loves her husband Adam. 4. Her desire to grow. 5.Her humility. 6. Her commitment to me professionally and personally. 7.Her honesty.

Shannon, I love you. You will truly be missed when you move up North. The office won't be the same. Thank you for your commitment and love to me. I have grown to love and appreciate you and can't wait to see what is in store for you this year. You are a friend forever!

No comments: