Thursday, December 20, 2007

Sweet Thoughts...

My friend Summer bought me a sweet book, "31 Days of Praise." I wanted to share a post that spoke to me as these are constant thoughts that go through my mind. . It's a praise to God.

"I magnify you O Lord, I exalt your name. You exercise your gracious authority over all nations- and over each individual in the World. There is none like you the true God, the living God, the everlasting God.

I prasie you for your soverignty over the broad events of my life and over the details. With you, nothing is accidental, nothing is incidental, and no experience is wasted. You hold in your own power my breath of life and my destiny. And every trial that you allow to happen is a platform on which You reveal yourself, showing Your love and power, both to me and to others looking on. Thank you that I can move into the future nondefensively, with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead, for You hold the future and You will always be with me, even to my old age and all through eternity."

*Today I'm thankful for you Summer. Thanks for the sweet little gifts today. You are a sweet, fun, faithful and Godly friend who spurs me on to always look to the cross. I am thankful for you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow! you've really been blogging away! i have the "31 days of prayer" book that a friend gave me years ago. I still look through it now and again for refreshment and encouragement. =) i hope you are greatly blessed by the book!