Monday, December 24, 2007

Person of the Week: Ivy Elliott

I was compelled to do a post on Ivy this week as it's her second birthday today!It was two years ago that she was born. Kelli and Matt had been trying for years to have kids and were never able to so they decided to adopt. This is where precious little Ivy comes in. I remember the moment that I fell in love with her. When I first met Ivy it was at the hospital up in Northern California. Having been a social worker for 5 years I was a bit guarded knowing that she could be taken from us up to 30 days. I remember it was about day 28 and Kelli, Matt, and I were at their house and we were pretty certain that she would be ours forever. I remember holding her and we were all crying and Matt prayed and thanked the Lord for blessing us with her. I felt so much love for her at that moment and it has never changed. I'm not even her mom and I can't imagine the love Kelli and Matt have for her. I love all my neices and nephew but there's something special about Ivy because she was chosen.

It's been so fun seeing her grow and learn new things. Here are some of the reasons I'm thankful for her and reasons why I love her.
1.That she has Godly parents who will raise her in a Christian home. 2. The way she makes me laugh. 3. The way she tries to scare me. 4.The way she sings with me in the car. 5.Her big lips. 6.They way she calls me and talks jibberish. 7.The way she laughs at me. 8.The way she hugs me so tight.

Ivy, I love you! I am so thankful that you are in my life and I love that I get to see you all the time. I pray you become a Godly young woman who loves Jesus with all her heart. I look forward to seeing you grow and being a part of your life.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

She would be my person of the week too!