Monday, December 10, 2007

Person of the Week: Kelli Elliott (my sista!)


This is a special one for me! I'm not sure how to really put into words how much I love and care about my sister. My relationship with Kelli has become such a treasure to me over the last 10 years, especially since I moved out to California. Growing up we fought like no other and it wasn't until she moved away to attend The Master's College that we grew close.

My sister is truly my best friend. She is the first one I call when I'm excited about something or when I need encouragement. She shares my joy and she feels my sorrow.

Ever since Kelli and Matt adopted Ivy it has changed all of our lives. Kelli always included me in the process and Ivy was never just "theirs" but "ours". That meant so much to me.

I'm thankful for Kelli in the following ways: 1. The way she loves me. 2. She feeds me. 3. She makes me laugh. 4. She prays for me and encourages me in the Word when I need it. 5. She shares not just the good things in my life but the painful things too. 6. I can call her with nothing to say and she will talk to me for an hour! 7. The way she loves Matt and Ivy. 8. She looks out for me. 9. She stands up for the truth!

Kelli, I love you so much and am so proud to be your sister. You always make me laugh and are one of the funniest people I know. Thank you for always thinking of me, being sensitive of my feelings, and wanting only the best for me in life. Thank you for sticking up for me in times of need and being faithful to me in many different situations and times of life. I'm so thankful for the bond we have and we we are sistas in every sense of the word. I'm so thankful that we can walk through this time in our lives togehter. I thank God for you!

6 comments:

Wendy Penberthy said...

Ooooh Hollie, I LOVE the picture of Kelli, ha ha ha!! I think she loves it too! Everything you said about her was so true though! Love you sis!

mom said...

Hol, You make a mother proud. (Hope you know I am at work crying right now)

612 SW 50th Street said...

Kel, You go girl...this is your week to shine! Love the blog Hol.

Kelli said...

Personally, I think that your choice for person of the week was excellent! You couln't have chosen better. Seriously, thank you for that. It means alot. I love you and thank you for picking me before Kyle. Kel.

Happy Hollie said...

Kyle...You are so full of it...you are just wanting me to pick you next...i like how you appear to be unselfish though.
Mom...stop crying. Your kids love you.
Kelli...stop complaining about the picture and send me a new one and I'll replace it.

Kelli I. said...

I don't know if I've ever read a blog so close to how my own heart feels. I echo each thing that you wrote about Kelli. She is a godly woman and I am so thankful to have her as a friend. Thanks Hollie for your blog - it's an encouragement to me.

Kelli Iverson