Sunday, December 9, 2007

Sunday...

I love Sundays. I love my church. Grace Community has definetly been one of the biggest bonuses of my life here in California. I try not to take this for granted as I know it's hard to find good solid churches that teach the Word of God like Grace does. I'm involved in a great fellowship group called Cornerstone. This group has been paramount in my growth as a Christian. Our pastor, Tom Patton is a lover of the Word and each Sunday I get excited to come and hear him preach. I have grown so much in the last two years and I hope to always be pursuing Godliness. The people in my church have had a huge impact on my life.

Today Tom's message was "One From the Heart". He said many things that stood out to me and I want to share a few for you. On Marriage: 1.Marry a lover of Christ. 2.Christian marriage is about kindness and respect. 3.Women need to be the kind of woman that your husband won't be able to be anything but kind too. 3. Strive to make Christ the theme of your marriage. 4.Never demand attention from your husband...woo it. 4.Pray for your spouse more than anyone else. 5.Speak often about how much you love your spouse, home and marriage.

Success: 1.Be as faithul as you can be. 2.Let your satisfaction be from doing your job well.3. Never forget that joy is a gift from God that he is not required to grant me. When he does grant it see the grace in it before the gain. 4.Constantly ask: What am I wanting? Your first and foremost answer should be God. If it isn't then shame myself until my perspective changes. 5. Be Faithful (Memorize Joshua 1:8-9)

Dreams: 1. Never forget your dreams but constantly edit them. 2.The Lord will always give me the desires of my heart. It may not be what I think they should be but he will give me the desires. 3.Dream with your Bible open. 4.God uses what we want as a vehicle to point us to what we need which is Him. Then when we get what we want it may not be what we originally thought we needed. (this has happened to me a time or two! :))

Church: 1.Be vigilent in attending regularly. 2.Keep the church primary and lovely to your family. 3.Let nothing compete with church. Remember Christ died for the church. 4.Every Sunday pick one person to minister to outside of your family. 5.Make friends easily.

Random Thoughts: (but Good ones!) 1. Joy comes through suffering...don't waste pain! 2.Love less more. (or in other words) Love less things but what you do love do it more.. 3.Learn not to pity self. 4.Cling to purity. 5. You will die and all things will have their proper value. 6. Be faithful. 7. FEAR GOD!



*Today I am thankful for family. I got to spend the whole day with Hugh, Hampton, and Houston. They came with me to Cornerstone to see why I love my church family so much. After church we've been spending the day together reading, laundry, talking, eating, doing homework, and watching football. I'm thankful that the Lord brought this family into my life. They are truly my bros!

No comments: