Monday, January 7, 2008

Person of the Week: Krista Voda


Krista and I are old school. We became best friends in kindergarten and have been together ever since. We used to live next to eachother back in Iowa and would walk around school holding hands. People would often ask us if we were sisters. We went to school together through college and my fondest memories growing up were those with those with Voda. (Her name is Krista Voda but everyone calls her Voda)

Voda is one of those friends that I can go a month without talking too but when we talk we pick up rigt where we left off. We have so many funny stories together. Some highlights would be: making up dance routines and performing them for our friends (we can still do a mean dance routine to Tootsie Roll), sneaking in the gym to watch the boys basketball practice, many road trips with Pepsi and cheese logs, performing Bon Jovi songs to anyone who would listen, double dates and making up code words for eachother.

Voda now lives in Pittsburg and works for Fox Sports. She is a sportsanchor and mainly covers Nascar but also covers some college and NFL football games. You may have just seen her providing sideline coverage for the Cotton Bowl.

Voda thanks for being such a great faithful friend. You are one that I turn to when I need someone to make me laugh and lift me up. I miss you and am glad we got to spend the day together this week. You are my oldest and dearest friend and I love you!

2 comments:

Julie Gebhards said...

Hollie...can we make a change in the date? Could we possibly move it to Monday? Our date night was switched last minute. Love you! Julie

Anonymous said...

Hey Hollie, it was great stumbling across your blog. Glad to see that you're enjoying life

-Neil Steinhagen