Tuesday, January 8, 2008

I have been going through a book called 31 Days of Praise. Every day it gives us different things to be thankful for and praise God for. I have been going through a trial in my life and today brought me much encouragement and I wanted to share it with you.

"I praise you for Your soverignty over the broad events of my life and over the details. With You nothing is accidential, nothing is incidental, and no experience is wasted. You hold in Your own power my breath of life and all my destiny. And every trial that You allow to happen is a platform on which You reveal Yourself, showing Your love and power, both to me and others looking on. Thank You that I can move into the future nondefensively, with hands outstretched to whatever lies ahead, for You hold the future and You will always be with me, even to my old age...and through all eternity."

Jeremiah 10:6 "There is none like you, O Lord, Thoug art great, and great is Thy name in might."

What an encouragement this was to me. Nothing happens in our lives that is outside of His soverign will. Because He loves us He takes us through these trials to grow us closer to Him. This really encourages me and even though life is hard I'm thankful for those times because it's in those times when I truly grow to love Jesus more.

*Today I'm thankful for the cross.

1 comment:

Jenny M. said...

This book sounds so good...you've referred to it a lot! I want to get it, who's the author??

I love you girl and am praying for you always. You are such an example and encouragement to me. I am thankful for your friendship.