Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Trusting God...

The past 6 months I've been really thinking, praying, reading, and meditating on what it means to trust in God. I believe and know what the Word says but going through difficult times is when I begin to really question what that means. I am a person who says they trust God and believe He has the best for me but I wonder if I really live like I trust Him. It's so much easier for me to obey God than it is to trust Him. I'm going through the book "Trusting God" with one of the girls from the college. It's such a great book and one that I have read over and over the last few months.
I'm thankful that I'm mindful of these things. I have seen how God has rewarded me and encouraged my heart during difficult times. He does have the best for me and His strength is perfect for me. I can't do it on my own yet He has always sustained me and drawn me to Him. I'm so grateful for this because it's something I don't deserve.
Hebrews 12:11 "No discipline seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yeilds the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it."

This verse has become true for me. I'm not totally sure what it actually looks like to live like I trust in God, yet, I have seen God's faithfulness to me through trials which He has brought me, and because I have seen the work He has done to sanctify me I want to rejoice and be thankful for these trials as it has drawn me to Him. God in His love always wills what's best for us. (which generally isn't what I think is best for me!)

Psalm 9:10 "Those who know your name will trust in you, for you, Lord have never forsaken those who seek you."

2 comments:

Jenny M. said...

Good stuff girl! You never cease to encourage me, even in the midst of YOUR trials.

I love you so much and am praying for you. I don't just say it, I was yesterday while I was on a drive listening to your mix!

Have a safe trip, I'll see you this summer (if not before!!)

Summer Martin said...

Thank you!