Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Lesson Learned


I had to share my new purchase with everyone. I had been looking months for a nice picture for my dining room. I have a large wall and needed a good size picture for it.
Everything I liked was around $150-200. I didnt want to spend that much money so I thought why not find a cool print and just get it framed? I saw this print on art.com for $40 that I loved so I bought it. Then it came time to frame it.....WHO KNEW FRAMING COST SO MUCH?!?!?!

I went to three different places and it would cost well over $200 to get it framed. I finally settled on the cheapest place as I had a 50% off coupon but it was still only $30 cheaper then the next place without a coupon. The sales clerk excitedly told me I was saving over $200. I excitedly told him that I'm not an idiot and they jack the price up to make it appear like I'm getting a huge savings but reminded him it's not really a good deal. Now $275 later I have my picture. (to make it even worse I realized it would look better matted..it's staying the way it is!) Twenty years from now if you come to my house you will see this picture....it will be with me forever!

2 comments:

Megan Brown said...

Next time you need to frame something let me know. My mom knows how to mat and frame & can get stuff 'at cost'. It may help you save some or get something better for the same price.
~Megan

Jenny M. said...

What a great pic...I love it! OH well, lesson learned. Sometimes our mistakes are costly. You'll definitely enjoy many random moments now....hahahaha

Love you!