Monday, February 25, 2008

And the Winner is....Holla!

I am part of this cult... I mean group of friends who get together every year for an Oscar party/competition. This has been going on for 5 years and I was inducted into the group two years ago. (it's invitation only) Everyone takes this very seriously. I mean we are talking spreadsheets, months of research, grids, discussion groups, basically hard core out of control competition. This year it turned into a weekend event with game night, movie night, barbeque, share and prayer, and then the party. There was also months of trash talking through mass emails but I choose to exhibit a gentle and quiet spirit (for once) and save it for game night.

We had friends from OH and TX fly in just for the party. Last year, my first year, I took second place. This year Happy Hollie came in the winner! The winner, ME, won the Juno and Once cd, the book Atonement and movie tickets. I also got a fifth annual gift bag with lots of goodies and everone signed the scoreboard poster for me. It was a memorable night/ weekend!
I'll leave a piece of advice for all you hard corers out there (Jonathan, Dave, Becca, Paul and Joe)......Maybe Next Year!

*Today I am thankful for V-I-C-T-O-R-Y!


*PS I think this makes me the Person of the Week....holla!

1 comment:

becka said...

dude you are so going down next year...especially because we kinda tied...way to go with you heart, and pick Marion...HOLLA!!!