Friday, February 8, 2008

"Do nothing from selfish ambition or vain conceit, but with humility of mind let each of you regard one another as more important than himself; do not merely look out for your own personal interests, but also for the interests in others." Philippians 2:3-4

I have been thinking a lot the last week on what it means to lead in love. How should I be leading, responding, serving, and encouraging those in my office and those all around me? The Word says that the heart is wicked and I can say that is true of me. I can be loving, giving, and encouraging but I can also be selfish, prideful and unloving. I want to work on this! I want to exhibit Christ's characteristics which are love and humility.

For those of us who want to be leaders Christ said that we first need to be humble minded, not striving for a good reputation or prominence. He calls us to sacrifically forgive those who hurt us, serve one another, and to treat those in the family of God as brothers and sisters. All these things are summarized in one word....LOVE. God's self-giving love is not based on a person's worth or merit for we simply don't deserve it. john 13:34,25 "Love one another, as I have loved you, so you must also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples if you love one anohter."

I want to be one of love and humility. Hold me accountable to this my friends! When I start letting my mouth run (which happens way to often) and I'm not exhibiting love and humility please point it out to me. I want to love more, exhibit humility more and live Christ.

*Today I'm thankful for Chris H. and the time and energy he put into making our Admissions dinner last night a success!

1 comment:

Jenny M. said...

You are such an example to me of humility and most of all LOVE.

I love you!!