Monday, February 18, 2008

Couple of the Week: Jonathan and Jen Holmes


I love this couple. I wanted to highlight Jon and Jen as they are coming out for a visit this week. I hired Jonathan in the Admissions office almost four years ago. He worked for three years as our Campus Event Coordinator and then they moved to Ohio last June to take a position in a church. Jen worked for the college as a Resident Director for 3-4 years. They had a great ministry at the college and loved the students. I learned a lot from Jonathan during our 3 years together. He is wise beyond his years and does all things to the Honor and Glory of God. He went above and beyond for me and he was greatly loved and appreciated by everyone. He exemplifed servanthood.

One thing I love about Jen is she's a fun, spunky, wise leader who loved the girls at the college and invested so much time and energy into them. The times we got to spend together I realized how much we were alike and we shared a lot of favorites (Go Bon Jovi!) She was a great wife who loves her husband and looks for ways to love and serve him.

Jon and Jen I miss you and love you. What a blessing you are in my life. I am so thankful for you and your ministry not only here at TMC but in Ohio. God is using you in ways you never imagined and your faithfulness to Him in an encouragment to me. I am encouraged by your love for the Lord and one another. I look forward to seeing you this week!

No comments: