Saturday, July 31, 2010

Legacy Conference...

This week I went to the Legacy conference in Chicago to represent Master's. It was a great event. Pete, Terrence and Hampton were also there for the college. TMC was the main sponsor for the event and we got a lot of face time. Terrence even got stage time to talk about the college (picture below). He did AWESOME.

The conference is geared towards building disciples in an urban context. They had some great preachers who brought the WORD. I was challenged and convicted throughout the week. My favorite speaker was a guy named Paul Washer. I only got to hear him once but he loved the Lord and spoke on the gospel and how we have been justified through Christ. He challenged me on the motivations in my life and if there is anything motivating me more than the gospel that's idolatry. It was so good. Every night they had a different concert and I got to see LaCrae, Shai, Flame and many others. Another highlight was seeing my friend Blair who just got married. On Friday night we hosted a dinner for the college and the four of us all presented. It was a great time and I was so encouraged to see how everyone pitched in this week.
We went to an evangelism event on Saturday afternoon to wrap up the conference and then the guys and I headed to downtown Chicago to hang out. I love the above picture because this was the guys ALL WEEKEND. I have about 4 photos of them on their phones. Terrence was loving "Words with Friends" game. Hampton was texting and Pete was doing all the above. This is on a street corner in Chicago. I had an enjoyable time with these guys. They were good company and I am thankful for thier friendships and treating me like a lady all weekend (and Terrence calling me out when I needed to be called out)! :)

No comments: