Friday, December 26, 2008

A Must Read (and Favorite)....

I got this book from Mandy for Christmas. Back in May I did a radio interview on KKLA for the college and right after my interview Francis Chan came on to promote this book. I remember thinking that I really wanted to read it. I met Francis in Uganda and told myself I needed to buy it but when I got back but I forgot. Thanks Mandy!

This book has really impacted me this week. There's a website for the book www.crazylovebook.com and I recommend you check it out. I have become a huge Francis Chan fan. There's so much good stuff in the first two chapters I keep re-reading them.

I've really thought a lot about the Character of God the last few months and have wanted to really know Him more. It's cool to read this book and have that affirmed in so many ways. Here is a brief description: "Does something deep inside your heart long to break free from the status quo? Are you hungry for an authentic faith that addresses the problems of our world with tangible, even radical solutions? God is calling you to a passionate love relationship with Himself. Because the answer to religious complacancy isn't working harder at a list of do's and dont's- it's falling in love with God. And once you encounter His love, as Francis describes it...you will never be the same. Because when you are wildly in love with someone it changes everything."

No comments: