Thursday, December 11, 2008

Life is Short...

I was thinking this morning about the last few weeks. I have been tired with all the busyness. This time of year is one of celebration and a time to be thankful but it's always so busy. Ive had a lot to blog about but have been too busy and tired to do it.

In the last two and a half weeks I have attended three funerals. Life is short. They were all celebrations of life. This has made me think about my life. What would people say about me if I died? More than that what does my life reflect? What am I doing with my time and money? Is it bringing the ultimate glory to God? It also reminds me not to waste a moment...be thankful for everything, tell people I love them and appreicate them, be thankful for everything, don't waste time, be a light, and be thankful for everything.

I read this today and loved it so I will share it:
Once I heard a song of sweetness, And it filled the morning air.
Sounding in it's blest completness, Like a tender pleading prayer;
And I sought to find the singer, where this wondrous song was borne;
And I found a bird quite wounded, Pinned down by a cruel thorn.

I have seen a soul in sadness, While it's wings with pain were furled.
Giving hope, and cheer, and gladness that should bless a weeping world.
And I know that life of sweetness, Was of pain and sorrow borne.
And a stricken soul was singing, With it's heart against a thorn.

You are told of One who loved you, Of a Saviour crucified.
You are told of nails that held Him; And a spear that pierced His side.
You are told of cruel scourging, Of a Saviour being scorn.
And He died for your salvation with His brow against a thorn.

You "are not above the Masters." Will you breathe a sweet refrain?
And His grace will be sufficient, When your heart is peirced with pain.
Will you live to bless His loved ones, Though your life be bruised and torn.
Like the bird that sang so sweetly, With it's heart against the thorn.


*Today I am thankful for my my rear warmers in my car! (I am ready for summer again!)

3 comments:

Jenny M. said...

Thanks for the reminder! And the Wednesday night chat...love ya girl!

Amy said...

Rear warmers....so very Hollie of a statement...here in WI, we could certainly use those rear warmers right now....and leg warmers...and hand warmers....but I go on.... (with lots of dots)
love your blog, glad you are "back"
Amy Johannsen

Taylor & Kirra said...

Okay I join Amy. Rear warmers in Los Angeles? Are you kidding Hollie?! Get your buns out here to Chicago again and remember your roots girl! And let me remember mine! :)