Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Christmas Break Day 2...


Today was a good day. Thanks to everyone for praying for my sister and her family. The judge ruled today that the baby will remain with them at least until the next court date in March. It is a complete miracle and all afternoon I've thought of the verse in Proverbs that says "The kings heart is in the hands of the Lord like the rivers of water He turns it wherever He chooses." Praise God the Lord turned the judges heart and allowed Kelli and Matt to keep Sissy another couple months. We will continue to trust in the Lord!

I slept horrible last night. I'm trying not to take any pain medication as I'm fearful that I will become addicted. It may just be me being weird but I don't want to mess with that! I had to get up at 3:45 to take my roommate to the airport! (boo hoo) I got home at 5:30, slept until 7 and got ready to go to Simi Valley to meet with a girl I disciple. We had a good time and then on my way home Kelli called with the news. I went into work for a couple hours and then went Christmas shopping for little Sissy. Tonight Lynn and her boys are coming over for a couple hours for pizza and Christmas! I'm so thankful for Lynn in my life. She is one of the most encouraging selfless people I know. A true blessing to me. The picture is Sissy's first day at my sisters.

*Today I am thankful for God's goodness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for a FUN and RELAXING night!! I love that verse that you were talking about....you are right, it is so true that the Lord used that judge! So happy for you guys and SO very thankful for you!! Love you!!

Jenny M. said...

Praise God!!! I'm so happy for Kelli and her family! That's the BEST Christmas gift ever!