Friday, April 4, 2008

Meet Thomas Beatie. He's Pregnant


OK seriously....what is this world coming too? I first heard of this story when I saw a promo for Oprah. I went to the internet to do a little research as I found this unbelieveable. Here is the story...
"Beatie's a transgender man that is expecting a child. Though he underwent surgery to switch genders, he kept his female reproductive organs and is nearly six months pregnant.
He tells Oprah that his current wife Nancy is unable to conceive and that's the only reason he's going through with the pregnancy. Beatie was able to conceive via artificial insemination.
Thomas tells Oprah in a show clip, "I'm a person and I have the right to have my own biological child."
He expects to deliver a girl around July 3rd."

Romans 1:24-25 "Therefore God also gave them up to uncleanness, in the lusts of their hearts, to dishonor their bodies among themselves, who exchanged the Truth of God for the lie, and worshipped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen."

*Today I am thankful for Trader Joes Roasted Tomato Soup.


6 comments:

Summer Martin said...

SICK!

The Parsons' blog said...

This just makes me so incredibly sad for that child...I almost pray the Lord will take that baby before it's born. That verse is oh so appropriate. What is this world coming to?!

Jenny M. said...

I started watching this on Oprah yesterday and quickly turned it off...so disgusting!!

612 SW 50th Street said...

What was almost more disgusting was listening to Oprah praise their behavior....Good point Hol.

Wendy Penberthy said...

that is really sick, uuugh

Anonymous said...

I am so confused....