Monday, November 17, 2008

I was looking through my journal today and re-read some statements that impacted me. I thought it would be good to share it with everyone. I hope these are great reminders for you, I hope they encourage and even convict. (*I didnt come up with any of these on my own...I'm not going to "site" each one)

1. God does as He pleases and that which pleases Him is always for our good and His glory.
2. It is one thing to know that no person or circumstance can touch us outside of God's soverign control, it is still another to realize that no person or circumstance can frustate God's purpose for our lives.
3. What's the point in adding years to your life if you aren't adding life to your years.
4. Prayer is the acknowledgment of God's soverignty and of our dependance upon Him to act on our behalf. Prudence is the acknowledgement of our responsibility to use all legitimite means.
5. Where faith is deficient the gospel is sufficient.
6. Joy is NOT related to circumstance.
7. The only thing standing between the command of God to rejoice and our experience of that joy is a sinful heart...a heart that delights more in the things of the world than in God. And if we try to excuse our disobedience by saying, ‘I can’t rejoice in God because I have a sinful heart,’ our words will not excuse us; they will condemn us.
8.Revival is not some emotion or worked-up excitement; it is rather an invasion from heaven which brings to man a conscious awareness of God.
9.Whereve you are, be all there.
10.God never said doing His will would be easy, He only said it would be worth it.

*Today I am thankful for the Sharpes....I love this family and am thankful that they love me too!

1 comment:

Bill and Jenn said...

LOVE THESE. Specifically #8- "An invasion from heaven that brings man to a conscious awareness of God" Wow!
They are ALL so good. Thanks for sharing. Praying for you girl! :)