Thursday, October 2, 2008

Farms and Tractor Pulls...






Yes, when I was in Pittsburgh last weekend I went to a tractor pull. When Voda first mentioned it to me I thought she was totally joking but no, we went to watch Phil in this competition. He loves it!!! I know I am from Iowa but I'm only an Iowa girl deep in my heart. I show up in my cute top, William Rast jeans and heels. (come on, I'm from California!) Needless to say when I left my jeans were dirty from the mud but I had a big smile on my face. It was great! It's one of those things you might not want to do again BUT it was a moment that you are thankful you had.

The first picture is Phil "pulling" his tractor (the competition is where you pull your tractor a certain distance and you add weight each round and see who can go the furthest with the most weight) Holla...4 blue ribbons! The second picture is a crowd shot of all the spectators cheering on their loved ones! (this is my favorite) After Phil won the gold (wait it's not CA...he won the blue!) he told me to hop on his tractor and he taught me how to drive it! Remember peeps...country girl deep in my heart....way deep!Thanks Voda...a moment in time.

*Today I am thankful for a sweet time with Tricia last night!

1 comment:

Jenny M. said...

If you EVER come visit us in Yakima we'll show ya some country too :)

You can't take the country out of the girl!! Fun pics.