Friday, July 4, 2008

I Heart America...


It has been so nice having another week with a few days off. Last night I went over to see Ivy and ended up taking her home with me for a little slumber party. I love our time together and we have gotten pretty tight over the last month. She slept really good and I had a restless night going from sleeping vertical to horizontal. (i still loved it!) We woke up for pancakes and then headed out to the Santa Clarita parade. This came at the suggestion of my friend Lynn who takes her boys every year. We met them there and I will tell you that this is the worst parade I have ever seen. :) It was fun being with friends though! And I LOVE LYNN and the boys!
After the parade we got lunch then went swimming. It was a great day and by 2:00 I rushed home for a nap. Tricia and I went out for dinner and then we went for a little work out. It was another great day off and restful!
Today is another day where I'm reminded what a priveledge it is to live in America. We have so many freedoms and an abundance of luxuries that we take for granted daily. Today has been a great day to thank the Lord for providing for me in such a grand way. I love the USA!

* Today I'm thankful that I live here in America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We had SO much fun with you and little Ivy!! And I have some serious tan lines to show for it!! Sorry the parade was so lame.... :) WE LOVE YOU!