Monday, July 14, 2008

God is Good!

Sunday afternoon I was sitting in my empty house feeling a little sad. When I begin to feel this way I try to read the Bible as it always encourages my soul. Sometimes I can't even comprehend how or why the Lord is so faithful to me to encourage me and spur me on in times of need. (Bottom line is I am selfish.) Today the Lord reminded me of Isaiah 40:31:
"But those who wait on the Lord
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint."

I loved what the comments said regarding this verse. ...That patient, praying believers are blessed by God with strength in their trials. I believe this to be true! I sat in my house and went through all the things the Lord has blest me with. A house, a great job, money to live, Joy and peace that only come from Him, a great family, a FAB church and some wonderful faithful friends. I had about 7 friends call, text, or seek me out in the last 24 hours to tell me they love me and have been praying for me. What an encuragement!
The Lord has me exactly where He wants me. And His grace will sustain me through all things. I have experienced this time and time again. I am so thankful for His patience, faithfulness and grace to me! God is Good ALL the Time and All the time God is Good!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

so true Hol, Love you.

Swimwife said...

Love you Hollie!!

Jenny M. said...

Hollie,

That is good stuff...
I had so much fun with you this weekend! It's like we never skip a beat. I can't wait to hit Nordies this weekend!!!

Love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Your reliance on the Lord is always such an encouragement to me! Love you!