Sunday, July 20, 2008

A Day of Blessings...

Today was a good day. It began with Ivy. She spent the night with me last night as Kelli and Matt were celebrating their 11th wedding anniversary. (Happy Anniversary fam....i love you!)It was another restless night for me as Ivy likes to sleep horizontal but when she wakes up she likes to snuggle so it was well worth it.
Church was great. Tom is still in the book of Ecclesiastes and he spoke about joy. This is an area where I am thankful and feel like God has been so gracious to me. Despite going through hard or sad times in my life it's a joy to have joy! There is a deep happiness and peace when you know the Lord and I am thankful for that.
Most of you know I've been car shopping. This weekend Matt (my brother in law) spent a lot of time with me running around looking at different cars. I found one! The Lord provided me a nice one...nicer than I deserve but am most grateful for it. It's been fun driving around in a quiet, cool and beautiful car all day! Thanks Matt for helping a sista out. (Pops and mom I will send more pictures.)
I had the pleasure of spending the afternoon with Jenny and Jen. I really truly love these girls and am so thankful for their friendship. We did a little shopping and went to Cheescake and got to sit and talk for awhile. It is so good being together. Jenny I will miss you when you head back to WA and it has been so fun having you here.
Tonight I got to spend the evening with Hugh. We haven't had any time to sit and catch up on eachother's lives and we had such a nice evening. Hugh started working in the Admissions office 2 weeks ago but I've been so busy and have had about 30 minutes in two weeks to sit and chat with him so this was WAY overdue. I'm so thankful for him and his encouragment and love of me. I'm excited you'll be here another 2 years! Holla brother!
WhenI came home tonight my landlords were outside and we got to talk for quite awhile. I really enjoy them and am thankful that I rent from and live by such a wonderful family. Another area where God has truly blessed me (Wendy that was for you! I spelled it right!)
I end the day with a thankful overflowing heart of God's great provision for me in every area of my life. I am a happy girl!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you rollin' in your new car!! Awesome! Can't wait to see it! Glad you had such a good day. Love you!

Kelli said...

I can't wait to go for a ride! Yeah for Hollie!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Car Holls! I like it!

Heidi

Jenny M. said...

Glad I got to be your first passenger!! It is so nice Hollie, no one deserves it more than you.

I had a great day with you!

612 SW 50th Street said...

Looks great Hol!! Send us some more pics too!!!

Wendy Penberthy said...

Holla for the new car, it is so nice and I am really happy for you! I can't wait to see it! We need to hang out soon, come over and show us your new ride sis! Oh, and I'm so happy that you finally spelled "blessed" right, it was killing me! ha ha!

Sarah Ikegami said...

awesome new ride! congrats!

Anonymous said...

Hols,
I am so happy for you and enjoy reading your blog. You have such a great perspective and are such an encouragement. I am thankful for you.

Amber Lynn said...

Holly

CUTE CAR!!! I'm glad you will be safe and feel secure! Plus, IT IS SOOO CUTE

Anonymous said...

Holla sis. I love the ride.

Julie Gebhards said...

Love it!! I am praying for you tonight!

kissaknee said...

glad you can be safe in a nice car!