Tuesday, March 17, 2009


I can't sleep. I hate insomnia especially when you feel tired. I woke up at 5 AM Monday morning and by 10:00 tonight I was done. I love vacation but the day back to work is a killer. I got home tonight at 7:30 (I also worked out and went grocery shopping) but started getting really tired around 9:00. It's 1:15 in the morning and I have prayed, got on facebook, responded to more work emails and meditated on scripture and here I am again. I've also asked the Lord to show me if I need to evaluate something so I can repent and go back to sleep. Nothings happened.

The picture is one of my favorites from the trip. Overall it was great. It really was a blessing to go with the girls that I got to go with. I loved getting to know Steffi better and Lindsey has been a big part of my life for the last four years. She has worked in my office since her freshman year and beginning her sophomore year we began meeting on a regular basis. She has grown so much and it really has been a joy for me to watch how she has grown and pursued Christ. I love her dearly and will miss her next year.

I've thought a lot today and even the last week on relationships and the people the Lord brings in and out of my life. I know change happens but it can be hard. One thing that the Lord has proven true is that He always provides and meets my needs. The Lord gives and the Lord takes away but Blessed be His name! I have begun to take comfort in the fact that when friends get married or move away the Lord has been most faithful to me in bringing someone else into my life. A perfect example is when Tricia moved out I never thought I would have another roomate that I enjoyed as much and then he brought Mandy into my life. I am so grateful.

Aight, I am going to try to go to bed again.

*Today I am thankful for the faithfulness of God.

No comments: