Tuesday, March 10, 2009

All is Well in Puerto Vallarta

Well it's been a bit of adventure so far but we are here and finally settled. There are four of us here (one girl ended up not being ablt to come.) We almost missed our first flight, got seated on our second flight and there was mechanical failures. The flight attendant checked our connection and realized that we would miss it so they put us on another airline and let us deplane. They assured us our baggage would follow and we arrived in Puerto Vallarata without our luggage. Lindsey and I were the only ones with lost luggage. Once we got here our driver to us to the grocery store and we bought tons of groceeries, came home to our penthouse and then went to dinner. We were all exhausted and in bed at 9 PM sleeping until 9 AM! (we were all up at 3:30 AM to make our flight.
Our luggage finally arrived at 3 PM. We managed to lay by the pool for a few hours so it's been nice. This place is amazing. It's a condo and I woudl say approx 3000 sq feet. It has a LARGE kitchen and living room that overlooks the ocean, three big bedrooms, a TV viewing area and they have full time staff to meet our needs. The pool is right on the beach so we can choose either. I've met a couple people from Iowa so that was cool.
I forgot my camera cord so no pictures yet.

*Today I am thankful for my found luggage!

5 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Lost luggage is the pits. I've had my fair share of that. Glad you got it! And can I say I'm completely jealous of the fact you're laying out by a pool (not to mention on a vacation!!). We still have snow on the ground and 30 degree weather here. Have fun and enjoy your time off.

Megan Schenk said...

Sorry about the luggage! I am SO HAPPY that you're having a good time! You SO need a vacation. :) Get some R & R - that's an order! LOVE YOU!

Happy Hollie said...

Sarah....just meant some people from Seattle who postponed their trip due to snow! Sorry! i will get a little more tan just for you.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That IS a lot of excitement! Well, I am glad that is all over and now hopefully you can RELAX!! Glad you have such an awesome place! Love you! Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Hey sista! So fun catching up with you the other day. So glad you get to be in beautiful Mexico. Soak in some sun for me. Can't wait to see pictures! Love ya!