Monday, May 12, 2008

Uganda...


In less than two weeks I will be leaving to go to Uganda for a missions trip. There are a couple things that I will get to do but the thing I am most excited about it is going to the Amani Baby Cottage. (www.amanibabycottage.org)
A guy from work told me that it gets boring after a few days because all you do is hold the children and play with them all day...ummm....YES PLEASE! I have a heart for these kids. I know I will want to bring them home with me.
When I was a social worker I was always drawn to those kids who were shuffled around and were less likely to be adopted. My sister and brother in law are finishing up the foster care to adopt program. I'm excited to see how the Lord will use them (and ME) to impact a child's life and raise them to love and fear the Lord. I am glad that the Lord turned their hearts toward adoption. I can't imagine anyone more perfect for our family than Ivy. A blessing.
Even though there are so many uncertainties with the trip I'm really praying that I go ready to serve and willing to make the most of every opportunity for the glory of God.
More on the trip to come....

* Today I am thankful that I get to spend the morning at work in prayer and the Word. (what other job let's you do that?!?!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had no idea you were planning on going to Uganda on a STM! how exciting! when lisa tatlock shared at shalane's shower about her experiences with Amani, it sounded like such a unique blessing. I don't remember you ever saying anything when our group has met about the STM!! and no support (prayer and/or financial) letters sent to our home...we'll be praying for you though - please let us know how.