Tuesday, May 13, 2008

A Lesson Learned...

Yesterday I was given the chance to think through this last year and reflect on how I've grown. I was quickly reminded of all the times I failed and opportunities missed where I didn't savor each moment and remember that the Lord has me exactly where he wants me at that given moment. I think of all the times where I could have impacted someone's life but missed the opportunity because I was too caught up with the piles on my desk. It makes me sad.
In the times of feeling stressed or overwhelmed if I would have just taken a moment to stop and remember how good and great God is, how he has me exactly where he wants me and how he loves me more than anything or anyone I know I would have been blest because of it.
I don't want to be that person. I want to make more time for people and not worry about all the STUFF I have to do and reflect on how much the Lord has blest me beyond measure.
I was asked to think of what passage of scripture impacted me this year and I immediatly thought of Psalm 62:5-8 "My soul waits silently for God alone, For my expectation is from Him. He only is my rock and my salvation, He is my defense I shall not be moved.In God is my salvation and my glory.The rock of my strength and my refuge is in God. Trust in Him at all times you people, pour out your heart before Him. God is a refuge for us." There were many times this year where I ran to this passage and sought refuge in God. It brought me many days of encouragment.

*Today I am thankful for my time Wendy. I love you and am thankful for you!

No comments: