Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Happy Birthday Hugh Jackson!


Happy Birthday Hugh. I can't say enough about Hugh. I met him four years ago when he showed up for the Week of Welcome at The Master's College. I remember seeing him with his 6 brothers and sister and thinking that I wanted to adopt him and look after him. I viewed him as this little naieve kid and I felt the desire and need to somehow protect him. A week later he applied for a job in our office, was hired and I knew this was my opportunity to teach him a thing or two. Boy was I wrong!

Hugh has truly become part of my family and is considered a brother to me. I have learned more from Hugh than he has probably learned from me. He is wise beyond his years and I have watched him grow from a young teenager to a Godly man.
Hugh has helped me learn to be more patient, has given me Godly advice (on more than one occasion), has taught me to ask for help when I need it and to let men be men and take care of the "man" things that come up without always trying to do it on my own. (i.e.moving boxes, opening the doors for me etc.) I may be the "older" one, the big sister or even his boss but Hugh isn't afraid to gently and lovingly bring things to my attention that need to be addressed and ask me questions that make me reflect on decisions or actions I make.

Hugh I love you and appreciate you. I am so thankful to the Lord for you in my life. Thank you for loving me, caring for me, praying for me and wanting nothing but the best for me. I'm so excited to see what the next 10 years hold for you. This sista will be missing you next year.

1 comment:

Nathan Keith said...

I couldn't have said it any better myself!