Saturday, November 7, 2009

A Rocky Road.....


Tricia and I have wanted to come visit Jenny for quite awhile. We got a really cheap ticket through Virgin Airlines and decided to go before she had her baby in March. I was so excited to fly Virgin Airlines as I heard they had great ammenities and good service.

I was loving our flight for the first two hours. I was instant messaging with friends, going through work emails and watching television. Then it came time to land. The last half hour was the worst travel experience ever! We started going through turbulance and I was starting to feel VERY sick. I was trying to take deep breathes so I wouldnt throw up and every time I looked at Tricia (who is six months pregnant!) she had a panicked look on her face. I couldn't even talk to her for fear I would throw up (sorry for the graphic detail!) All the sudden after 15 minutes of this I see lights, hear the landing gear go down and keep praying that I can make it to the ground before anything comes up. Next thing you know the pilot pulls up and we begin to go back into the air. I'll admit at this point I had a little fear creep in but that was overtaken by the sick feelings within me. The pilot came on saying we had to try it again from another direction in order to have a safe landing.

As we went up it was still very turbulant. My arms from my elbows down began to get numb and tingly. That was freaking me out a bit. I look at Tricia who started to cry and throw up. At that momement God was gracious to me and I was able to comfort her a little. I kept telling her to take deep breathes as I was doing. There were a few momements I thought I was going to pass out but about 12 minutes later we landed. You could other people on the plane crying and gagging!

I have never been so glad to be on the ground! I am so thankful that the flight wasn't my first time flying casue I would never do it again! God was so good to give us a safe landing and I can tell you I am NOT looking forward to getting back on the plane tommorow. More about our trip to come!

4 comments:

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Hollie! That is so scary! Poor Tricia and Hollie! I would have PANICKED! God is so gracious. Can't wait to hear more! Love you and glad you're safe!

The Parsons' blog said...

I'm not really sure whether to laugh or cry?! Seriously, that sounds so out of control?! Scary. And shoot, Tricia used to love scary rides ;) So glad you made it safely.

Cherie Baker Vann said...

OH MY GOSH!!! You poor girls!! Stupid turbulence!!! :)

Anonymous said...

hey hollie ...how big is your hole ?? :P