Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Gotcha Day!



Happy Gotcha Day Ivy! It was three years ago that Ivy was offically adopted! I was out of the country that day and was unable to attend the court hearing but what a special day it was for all of us.
I can't imagine how different everyones lives would be without her. On Sunday I called Ivy and told her that I couldn't come to her Gotcha celebration because I had to work. I asked her if she would like to have some special time with with me on Monday where we could go to lunch and do something fun. Her response was, "Hollie I would love to do that but i need to ask my mom first." I just loved it.
When I picked her up today I asked her where she would like to go and she told me she would like to go to the mall. She wanted Mac & Cheese and she wanted to go on the carousel. We did just that. She also wanted to go into some stores to "just look" for Christmas. She has become my little buddy and I love talking to her every day and love watching her grow up.
Ivy, I love you so much and am so glad you are my family.

1 comment:

Jenny M. said...

So glad Ivy has a woman like you in her life! She is so big I can't believe it.

Happy Gotcha Day Ivy!!