Thursday, November 29, 2007

Person of the Week: Tricia Scheffer (my roommate)

Proverbs 18:24 "A man with many friends may come to ruin, But there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."

Tricia was one of my first friends when I moved out to California over 5 years ago. Tricia is my ol' faithful. She's been the one friend who has been there since the beginning of this adventure for me and we've been through all of the ups and downs of life together the last 5 years. Tricia exhibits many characteristics that I want to exemplify. While I was doing my quiet time the other morning I was overcome with gratitude for her in my life. I gave her a shout out right then and there telling her that I am thankful for her (remember we all need to do that more!)

Tricia I love and appreciate you in the following ways: 1. Your selflessness. 2. Your one of the most giving people I know. 3. You are a faithful friend to me and have stood up for me in times of need. 4. You speak truth into my life when I need to hear it. 5. You cry with me. 6. You laugh with me. 7.You challenge me according to the Word of God. 8.You pray for me.

I'm so thankful for the last 5 years together. The thing I will miss most next year when you are married is our morning time together. I love coming out in the morning, doing our quiet times, sharing what we are learning and just talking about our lives over a cup of coffee. These are times I cherish. The Lord knew what we needed when he blest us with our friendship. Thank you for your faithfulness to me through all the ups and downs of our lives. I LOVE YOU!!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Everything you said about Tricia is true. I want to add giving and sacrificial. She has always been that to me!!!!

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Kelli said...

I totally agree!
i would add that Tricia is giving and sacrificial. My whole family loves her! Kelli

Anonymous said...

Hollie, you are so sweet. Thank you for your kind words- and know that you are all those things to me as well. God did good when he brought you into my life and I already get sad every time I think about moving out. (Don't get me wrong I want to get married and live with Koby! But it is just a bittersweet thing.) Thank you for your friendship- and you know I am praying like crazy for your future husband to get off his toosh and find you! I love you!