Thursday, January 1, 2009

A Year in Review...

It was a year ago that I posted my New Years Resolutions. A New Year's Resolution is a commitment that an individual makes to a project or a habit, often a lifestyle change.
A year ago I resolved to:
1. Time spent in the Word and prayer daily.
2. To live with all my might (don't waste time).
3. To live in such a way that the Lord can say "Well done good and faithful servant".
4. Listen more talk less.
5. Exhibit humility.
I have thought about this list numerous times over this last year. This year has been a year full of trials but it has been a good year. I wouldn't trade this year for anything as I have grown so much and the Lord has used this time in my life to teach me some great things! I have grown to love the Lord more and see the blessings that He has given me and He has given me them abundently. I have been even more overwhelmed by the people who He has put in my life. I am so loved. I don't say that proudly (hence #5) but with all humility. I know there are so many people loving on me and praying for me that it's a bit overwhelming at times. I am so thankful for these gifts in my life.

#1:I have clung to the Word this year so spending time daily in prayer and the Word has been a joy.
#2.."To live with all my might". I could always be improving on this one. I don't think one can ever do enough. I am a home body. I love to be at home chillaxin' but I have made it more of a point to be with people and invest in their lives. I see how God has used me in this way and I have been super blessed becasue of it.
#3: "To live in such a way that the Lord can say "Well done good and faithful servant." I have a ways to go on this one. The work that needs to be done is more internal than external.
#4: "Listen more talk less." This is a work in progress but I am growing. I need to continue to grow in this with #5 in mind.
#5: "Exhibit humiltiy." I am understanding more and more about pride and how it manifests in my life. This is a contiual work and people showing me this in my life.

I am keeping all the same resolutions for next year with the following additions:

1. Run in a half marathon. (Caitlin...we CAN do it!)
2. Do more random acts of kindness.
3. Give more money to those in need.

Press on with me friends.

*Today I am thankful that Tricia is back home and for getting to spend time with her this morning...i REALLY missed you!

No comments: