Sunday, January 11, 2009

I Heart Sundays...

I love Sundays. I get to go to church and worship the Lord, see my friends, laundry, afternoon naps and prepare for the next week. (Sunday night church is the best!) It's been so beautiful here. I am loving the weather and spending a lot of time outdoors.

I just finished the book "Crazy Love" and it was really good. I'm going to go through it with a girl I meet with. It really makes you think about God and long for Him and really love Him for who He is. It also convicted me about where I spend my time and money. I live a rather comfortable life and work hard to be live comfortably. This book really challenged me on that. Do I help those in need enough? AM I living for heaven? Is my faith REALLY an authentic faith that addresses the problems in this world with a radical even tangible solution? It's so easy for me to become complacent and I've been really challenged by that. I recommend this book.

*Today I am thankful for Grace Community Church.

3 comments:

Bill and Jenn said...

Hey girl-
Bill was just given that book on Saturday, and I started reading it-- LOVED what I read. Excited to read the whole thing and be challenged!
Hope you're doing well!

Andrea said...

You're the best encourager - thank you! I just started this book - I can't wait to dive in. Hugs to you - let's catch up soon. xoxo

The Parsons' blog said...

Thanks for the book recommendation. I'll have to get this one. It definitely sounds like one I need to read.