Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Girls Day...


I took the day off today to stay with Ivy while Kelli and Matt went to court for Lucy. Ivy came over last night and spent the night. She is so fun. She slept in "her room" all night by herself and did great. This is the first night she stayed with me where she didn't sleep on top of me all night. I finally slept through the night! :) At 7:00 in the morning I heard her playing quietly in the room so I called her and she still came in for morning snuggles. She is sweet.

 I loved our conversation last night as she talked about Jesus a lot. She saw a cross and pointed it out to me telling me that Jesus is no longer on the cross. I asked her where he was and she said in heaven. She told me that when we die everyone will get to go to heaven. I informed her that not everyone will get to go to heaven but only those who believe in Jesus. She was so excited as she told me loudly, "Hollie, I believe and so does my mom and dad." I almost lost it as I was so excited to hear my precious little neice talk about Jesus. It was a sweet little convo.

We met Wendy and Katie (Ivy and Kelli's best friends) at Starbucks at 9:00 and headed down to the grove. We had such a nice day being together. I was home by 3:00, got some emails and work done, went running tonight with Tiffany (YES SISTA!) and then came home to spend time with the Lord. It was a great day.

We are still praying that little Lucy would get to become a permanent part of our family.  They go back to court in four months. With all the different trials going on it's an encouragement to remember that the Lord is in control over all. HE knows what is going to happen and all we are required to do  is trust. I've been reading through Psalm 27 the last two days and it has encouraged this heart. In the midst of not knowing what the Lord has in store He says: "Wait on the Lord; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthn your heart, Wait I say on the Lord." Psalm 27:14  Love it!

3 comments:

mom said...

You are such a good auntie Hollie.
Ivy is a lucky little girl.
Grandma G

Jenny M. said...

I love it and that she loves Jesus!

Prayin for all of you and missing you! xo

Summer Martin said...

Yes!! a post!!! I love them!!! I have a little gift for you to encourage your sweet heart!! It is all about Psalm 27! I love how the Lord works in uniting hearts with similiar themes. Holla! I am bringing it to you today. You will LOVE it!! I pray it will most encourage and strengthen you, my sweet friend!! The Lord is so near--Praise be to God for CHRIST!! Seriously!! I love you and am SO THANKFUL for your friendship!!