Saturday, February 20, 2010

I Heart Saturdays...


I have been bad about bloggin but have received many comments this week about how I need to blog more. I spoke with a friend this week who told me that they know what's going on in my life by my blog and they love to hear but I'm learning so I will try to be better. I've been so thankful and grateful for the accountability of friends who charge me to seek, love and trust Jesus more. I have the greatest friends in my life and am overwhlemed with the goodness of this. Not many people experience the abundance of friends that the Lord has given me.

I love Saturday mornings and this morning was one of the best. I slept in and woke to spend some much needed time with the Lord. I also got to catch up with some friends which was such an encouragment to me. I feel so blessed today. When I awoke I knew the priority for the morning was to be with the Lord. It was so good. I started the day feeling down and defeated but was reminded of so many truths. It's so easy and natural for me to think of myself and what I have or don't have and this always leads to worry, fear or dis-contentment. I was reminded of my need to be thinking of the gospel everyday. It's not about me but about Him: His sinless life, death and resurrection. I need to intentionally think about this everyday as he did all of that for me! When I think of all He has done and given to me the other things in my life that I worry about don't compare to what the Lord has planned for me and has given me already. The Lord has taught me so much over the last couple of years on what it means to wait and trust. Hard lessons learned in which I am still learning. It's a decision that I need to make everyday: will I trust Him or will my focus be me?! I have seen how the Lord has used my trials to encourage others and I am so grateful to the Lord for this. I even hesitate to say that because it can sound prideful but I know that it's not me AT ALL but Him. It's the Lord working through my life in others. I can be such a weak person but today I am reminded that when I am weak He is strong and there is nothing that will happen to me that is outside His will for my life. I rest in that and for that I am grateful.

Kelli called me this morning and told me that her and Wendy wanted me to go with them for a girls night. I haven't hung with these two in awhile so I knew it would be fun. These two are a riot and I always enjoy being with my sistas! Wendy is my sister's best friend and we have become friends through the years. My sister is such an encouragment to me when it comes to trusting God. Watching her go through the different trials with adoption and her trust in the Lord encourages my heart. She is one who I can always count on to make me laugh or bear my burdens with me. Wendy is one that I know loves me and wants the best for me. I love you girls and thanks for a needed night out.

4 comments:

Sarah Ikegami said...

Hollie, wow, the Lord is kind, your words were more than encouraging and inspiring today. Thank you for your honesty, girl! I'm so glad the Lord is teaching you about Him and that you love your friends and family the way you do to share. I love you, Hollie!

Julie Gebhards said...

Oh, how I wish I could've crashed your party!! I love you all! Hollie, you are a blessing and your perseverance through trials is admirable. I am so thankful for you and can't wait to see you!!

Summer Martin said...

YEAH!! Love having Happy Hollie back at the blog!!! LOVE YOU, sweet girl! So, so, so thankful for you!! You are a sweet, sweet blessing to this soul and so many!! Can't wait to catch up soon!! You are prayed for often!! I LOVE YOU, soul sista!!

Anonymous said...

You are such a blessing and encouragment to me. I love you.