Sunday, January 24, 2010

VODA gets Married...


I just got back from Pittsburgh after a whirlwind week with Voda for her wedding. This girl thought of EVERYTHING and knows how to throw an event. There were so many details she thought of and everything turned out great! She put so much time and energy into the planning and things ran so smoothly. Did I mention she was one of the prettiest brides I have EVER seen?! It was a fun week with seeing old friends and family and meeting new.

Voda has been my longest running friend. We started the journey in kindergarten and have been together ever since. Distance has never been a hiderance to our friendship and we have sustained many years and miles. I was honored to be a part of her special day.

I flew in on Tuesday night and we took off running Wednesday morning. It was so good to see friends. The picture below is of Jepson and Clarke who were two of my three closest guy friends in high school and Angela who was one of my best friends too. I love all these guys and it might be months that we go without talking but we can always pick up. It was fun hanging out with them on Friday and Saturday.

Some highlights were getting to spend an extended time with Voda. Getting to see old high school friends. Getting to know Voda's college roommate Mandy better. Voda's perfomances at the reception. Catching the boquet. Hugs from Kim's kids, Riley and Caden. Father and Daughter dance to "Top of the World". Watching PK and Voda say their vows. I could name more but these are a few. Thanks Voda. i Love you!

3 comments:

Sarah Ikegami said...

Hollie, I am SO happy you got to be with Voda on her special day (I'm sure it was a special day for you, too!). I remember you telling me so many great things about her...you both look beautiful! Thanks for sharing, girl!

mom said...

Two beautiful young women I can still see walking to school together on their first day of school. My how time flies. Love you Hol.

Jenny M. said...

you look amazing!!

congrats voda!!