Monday, September 7, 2009

I Am Back....


After a much needed Blogging break I am back. I had a really busy summer and I just couldn't keep up with everything. It makes me feel out of touch with everyone and after numerous comments everyone has felt out of touch with me. I have a lot of things I could blog about right now but I am going to do some highlights of my summer. I've attached ONE picture from the top of my summer list. This is Ivy and HOPEFULLY the soon to be Lucy Ann Elliott. She is so precious! She is tiny and not even two weeks old yet.
Things I am thankful for in no particular order:
1. Lucy!
2. Time with ALL my neices and nephew in Iowa.
3. Vacation: Vegas, Cruise, Iowa and East Coast.
4. Second trip to Iowa to see Voda, Fullans, Powers and delzells. (mom and dad too!)
5. Country Music: Lady Antabellum and Gloriana.
6. My roommate Mandy.
7. Tricia is pregnant WAHOO!
8. Malory McCown.
9. Weekend with Heidi Keller in Newport Beach.
10. New additions to the Admissions Office (PTL it's done!)
11. Hope and Joy through Jesus.
12. Engagements: Luke and Rebeka, Kristin and Nate, Summer and Denny!
13. Talking to Ivy every morning on the phone driving to work.
14. Seeing my Sin and repenting.
15. The Love of Friends and Family.
16. My walks and talks with Hugh.
17. Staff retreat in Ventura...FUN!
Hard Things:
1. Mandy is moving to the East Coast...I lose my roommate in less than 30 days.
2. Seeing my Sin.
3. Time management.
4. Sinus infections.
5. Air quality from the fires.
6. My $332 speeding ticket...Serious?!?!
7. Gaining 6 pounds.
8. Did I say Mandy is moving?!
9. Missing my brother and family, Heidi, Jenny and my Iowa peeps.
10. Trusting God.
11. Gebhards moving.
12. Megan Schenk moving to Texas
*Today I am thankful that Kelli, Matt, Ivy and Lucy got to come over for dinner.

7 comments:

The Parsons' blog said...

Well it's about time. I've missed you blogging. Fun to read what you've been up to.

Kelli said...

As I was putting Ivy to bed I asked her to tell me the best part of her day. She said it was going to Hollie's house.

Becca said...

Yay!! I'm glad you're back. Love the pic!! See you in a few weeks :)

Jenny M. said...

Yay! Welcome back!! I've missed you too! Congrats Auntie, I'll be praying all goes well. I love you and sorry we didn't get to see each other when I was down there...:(

Anonymous said...

Yeah, your back! Loved reading your highlights from the summer! So Excited for you to be an auntie again (hopefully). Can't believe $300 ticket, girl, were you going 100? Ha ha. Pray for you often and think of you all the time. Looking forward to Dec. Much love! Heidi

Julie Gebhards said...

Hi friend! I am glad you're back to blogging. I need to know how you are doing. :) I miss you!

Anonymous said...

HI sweet Hollie! Hugs to you and I'm glad you had a great summer!! xoxo