Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year....


Last night I was fortunate to spend the New Year with two GREAT girls Lynn and Holly! We started the evening going to Sicily for dinner. This is generally not one of my favorite places to eat but last night it was so yummy! I got the Chicken with goat cheese pasta and it was bueno! Afterwards we were so excited to go to my house to put on our pjs and have a quiet night welcoming in the new year. Needless to say it wasnt very quiet. There was a lot of laughter and story telling. ( I ALWAYS have a great time when I am with these two!)

We all slept in this morning and then got up around 9:30. Over the past few weeks we have talked making some resolutions and how we wanted to hold one another accountable. We had decided that this morning was going to be the time to share what we came up with. This turned into a couple hour discussion talking about the Lord and what we've been learning, what we need to learn and how we need to get there. It was so great. It's so cool to me how the Lord uses people in your life to encourage, admonish and challenge you. I love these girls and they do that for me in so many ways. We layed on the couch and talked until 2:30 this afternoon. It was such a great time to relect on the last year and prepare for the new year.

After the girls left I went to get my friend Tiffany from the airport. She is one more blessing the Lord has placed in my life the last year. It's been so fun to get to know her better, share with her, LEARN from her and be challenged by her. I look forward to that friendship growing as well. I am so blessed to have so many people in my life who love me and encourrage me.

The evening ended with going to see Kelli and the girls. I hadn't seen them since I got back from GA and they got back from WA. It was so sweet to get tons of hugs and kisses from Ivy and Lucy. I LOVE my family. They are a blessing to me.Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Stephen and Tiffany Seston said...

Sad I wasn't with you guy! We should have a girl's dinner (here or go out) after I get back from Winter Camp! I love you girl! Thanks for picking me up from the airport! You are a HUGE blessing to me!

Holly said...

And YOU are such a blessing, Hol! Thank you again for such a great time. Holllla!

Summer Martin said...

wearing the new jacket!!! LOVE IT, girl!!